Because I saw these bars, I made this pie pan full of delicious. A lazy person version of the original that turned out to be kind of amazing. I fully intended to follow the recipe but early in the process mistakes were made...(like not reading the directions all the way through). And just for the record, I don't even know what "raw" or "vegan" means. You don't have to bake these and there's no meat in them. Boom boom pow.
Man, it's a good thing I'm not in charge of naming things.
These remind me of some off brand chocolate coconut macaroon bars that my grandma would occasionally give us as kids (so good!). The texture is similar to a store-bought granola bar but it's cold? But also still kind crunchy? My initial taste test turned into 3+ forkfuls while I tried to wrap my head around the cold/crunchy phenomena. I wish all phenomena were this delicious.
Kinda-Raw Not-Really-Vegan 7 Ingredient Granola-Type Bars
1 1/2 C old fashioned oats
1 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes (flakes are bigger than shredded but shredded is okay)
pinch of salt
1/8 C mini chocolate chips (I just sprinkled some into the mix until I felt like it was enough)
1/4 C unsalted butter
1/4 C coconut oil (measured solid)
1/4 C honey
In a small saucepan, bring butter, coconut oil and honey to a low boil. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl (or a pie pan or receptacle of your choosing), mix together dry ingredients.
Pour butter/coconut oil/honey mixture over dry ingredients and mix together, making sure everything is thoroughly moistened.
Using a spatula, or whatever you're stirring with, press the mixture down into the pan and refrigerate for a couple hours.
Enjoy. Preferably barefoot, alone in your kitchen, with a fork at 11 pm.
(My bars stayed a little crumbly, they were sticky but not super cohesive, thus requiring the fork)


No comments:
Post a Comment