Winter:
And Summer:
The two
What to wear when it's 50 for weeks? I have winter figured out (boots and wool everything) and summer is a no-brainer (sandals, cotton skirt, tee-shirt) but this weather has me stumped. I want to wear basically the same thing everyday -Toms, leggings, jersey skirt, long sleeve tee, but some part of my brain says I have to mix it up. (And then I tell that part of my brain to just shut up because I work with engineers. In white socks.)
Ryan sent me this article the other day and it resonated with me. Particularly, this line she references from Jurassic Park,
"I believe my life has value, and I don’t want to waste it thinking about clothing."
I love clothes but lately my closet has felt more like a tiresome burden than anything. For as much time as I spend picking out what to wear, sometimes I can't even remember what I have on without looking down. Right now, in my life, all I want is to be able to pull some clothes out of my closet that fit well and don't require any fussing or finagling. A few years ago, I went through a serious fussy/finagling Anthropologie stage. I'm over it. I love this essay about saying no. It gives me confidence to say no to ruffles, animal prints, pencil skirts and high heels. I say no to sequins, tucking in shirts, and belting EVERYTHING. I say yes to tee-shirts of all kinds, the occasional hoodie and Toms. I say yes to skirts that do not require a special underwear situation, leggings and a collection of colorful cardigans. I'm working on building a uniform that works for me.


The NW did the same thing to me :) I have 2 comfy skirts from textureclothing.com and i LOVE them! A little spendy but totally worth it. Though you might be interested :)
ReplyDeleteBoden. White Stuff. Fat Face. (Or anything British since their weather is very similar.) 3/4 sleeve shirts, heavy cotton/baby corduroy skirts, and closed toed shoes. Jean jacket for when there's a chill. Problem solved.
ReplyDelete