Now, a word about this cake*. It's basically banana bread loaded up with chocolate chips and a little chocolate frosting but if it's in a cake shape and the container says 'CAKE', then my brain is like, YAY CAAAAAAAAAKE!
This is the first bundt pan I've owned as a Mrs., which feels like some kind of milestone. I've always kind of wanted one but not enough to pay for one. I found this one at the thrift store for $1.99. In fact, I was in the checkout line behind a lady who had this very same bundt pan in her pile but it didn't have a price tag on it at the time and they couldn't sell it to her. I found it back on the shelf a week later and bought it.
The cake holder is one that belonged to Ryan's great-aunt Vi and it had a long, happy life in a hardworking farm kitchen and housed many a strawberry angel food cake. I never knew Vi but I cherish every dent and her green permanent marker initials on top of her cake holder. There's something restful about the thought of an everyday cake, something a little sweet at the end of a long day of hard work. This Banana Chocolate Chip cake is like that.
It's also excellent in the morning with a strong cup of tea. Not that a farm wife would eat cake for breakfast.
But I, I am no farm wife. I eat cake for breakfast.
*I didn't add any lemony anything
and I was inspired in the first place by this other cake
No comments:
Post a Comment