Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Totes Bagotes

A while ago, I purchased this cute tote bag on etsy.  I'm not sure why, since I don't even like tote bags but whatever.  I wanted something to carry my current knitting projects in.


This bag and I got off to a rocky start. 1) I waited THREE WEEKS for it.  2) When it arrived it had a couple small holes in the lining where the seam separated (I emailed the seller and she gave me 40% off).  3) One mad dash for the bus and two rivets holding the leather straps popped loose after I'd owned it for approximately a week. Wah wah waaah.  Because I had already emailed the seller about the interior holes, I didn't want to email again about the loose straps but I was disappointed. And self delusional.  How hard can it be to sew a stinking tote bag with firmly attached straps, right?

HA. HA. HA.

One broken needle and 40 90 frustrating minutes later...et voila, a good sized tote with a lining, an interior pocket and a faux leather handle, exceedingly well attached.



I did it but I wanted to punch myself in the face the whole time.  Sewing does not make me zen.  It makes me crazy.  But I'm toting my knitting around now like nobody's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment