Monday, July 16, 2012

Middlefork Camping

{charred and delicious}
{that's what i'm talking about}
{garfield mt.}
{darling spot for a picnic lunch}
{picnicking}
{camping feet = happy feet}
{more smores}
I had a wonderful weekend of much needed r&r thanks to the hubs.  Man knows me.  When I texted him at 10:30 one morning that I had just ordered another pair of Toms, he knew it was one of those days that drives a girl to desperate, spur-of-the-moment retail therapy and kept his husbandly remonstrances regarding excessive shoe shopping to himself.  Instead, he packed us off for a delicious weekend of camping, hiking and roasting things over a fire.  I spent hours staring at the treetops from the hammock, reading and even took a two hour nap on Saturday afternoon.  Amazing.

There's a lot of good camping around here...if you can squeeze in a reservation.  I love the idea of having all our camping gear packed and ready to go at a moment's notice but unless you plan ahead to make a reservation, the chances are slim that you will spontaneously find an open site.  Spontaneous or not, I hope there's more camping in our future this summer because coming home pleasantly tired and smelling of wood smoke means the weekend was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment