Thursday, November 1, 2012

Grandma Ople's Apple Pie

Grandma Ople's Apple Pie recipe has a million 5 star reviews on my husband's fave website and I have been craving an out-of-control-way-over-the-top apple pie.  I'm talking 4 inches of gooey pie goodness.  I blame these stupid buns for such outrageous apple pie fantasies.  One of those and a mug of black tea brings all the boys to the yard.  Or brings me to the yard.  Is that weird?  Anyways.

This pie.


Is delicious.

It's not 4 inches tall but it is sufficiently gooey and appley and even the hubs said it was rul good and he doesn't even like pie (but give the man a sugar cookie and he's as happy as a clam).  I followed some of the amendments suggested in the comments (included cinnamon, etc to the butter/sugar mixture, poured the butter/sugar mixture over the apples before putting them in the pie plate and reserved some of the butter/sugar mixture to glaze the top crust and baked the whole deal for an hour at 350) and was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I was not pleased when I woke up from a nap to allegations that something in the oven was beeping that I couldn't remember anything about a pie and had to stumble after the hubs to figure it out.  That nap was a doozy.  Also, the pie leaked in my oven.  Grr.  And I think we have redneck problems because I could barely squeeze the pie in the fridge because of the e.nor.mous tub of margarine we currently have because someone thought it was a good deal on Amazon Fresh and it probably is for a family of five but the two of us are going to be working on that margarine for the next 24 months or so.

Pie.  Just Do It.

No comments:

Post a Comment