Thursday, November 8, 2012

Because I Am Cheap, Lazy, and Handy with Scissors



I wandered into Eileen Fisher the other day with the sole purpose of zeroing in on the sale racks without appearing to zero in on the sales rack.  Which is difficult when the store is spacious and the 3 other shoppers are prosperous and dignified 60 somethings.   These cute little hand-warmers were on several of the mannequins throughout the store and I finally located them in the skimpy sale section for FORTY-NINE DOLLARS.

Nope.

I thought about knitting my own and even went to the trouble of locating several patterns but that takes time and effort.

Nope.  I need warm hands now.

So, I cut the sleeves off a cashmere sweater I thrifted for $7.  Yes.

I was using the sweater primarily for bed since it was a bit snug and the sleeves a bit short - it was an impulse buy at the time.  I can't say no to striped cashmere for seven dollars even if I don't have time to try it on.

Now I have my own glovelettes!  And a cashmere muscle tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment