Monday, October 24, 2011

Summer Goals Review (Life List Update)

This summer I set 9 goals for myself and even though I didn’t get through all of them, I'm happy with what I accomplished and definitely feel more capable as a result.  I’m looking forward to beating the pants off making some goals for Autumn!

In review - my Summer goals:
1. bike to work more often than I drive (on this sweet little commuter)
Ah, the biking to work…after I entangled my favorite skirt in my bike chain and had to make an emergency wardrobe change/laundry cycle, I really let this fall by the wayside.
2. make a lap quilt (maybe kinda like these ones)
Check. 
3. sew some simple skirts (maybe starting with one like this?)
Check, check and CHECK.
4. make raspberry rhubarb jam (then my husband really will love me forever)
Boom. Done.
5. read Moby Dick with my husband (then we'll see how long forever is)
Yeah, this didn’t happen.  The husband has been hounding me for years to read ‘Sunnyside’ by Glen David Gold and I just can’t bring myself to.  I started it many a time but can’t get into it.  He stipulated that I had to read ‘Sunnyside’ before we read Moby Dick.  We’ll see…
6. get more sleep (I suspect this will be the most difficult)
Nope, although I am presently sleeping 8-10 hours a night and I love it.  I’m probably catching up on 3 years worth of sleep.
7. knit my way through my newly accumulated yarn stash (neck, I promise to keep you warm this winter)
Yarp, and I have MORE cowls as a result.
8. paint our living room coffee table and side table (eek)
I’m saddened to say that this did not happen either and now we have no garage or place to paint.
9. keep my blog updated on my progress with all of these things!
Suc-cess.  I did keep updated with meeting my goals but not with my failures as I had also intended to do.

Overall, it was good for me to have a deadline to hold myself to and it was very rewarding when I was able to cross things off the list.  The main thing I learned was to keep it small – either have quite a few small projects or just a few bigger projects and to keep positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment