Here, I set forth my short-term summer BHAGs. That is a fun little acronym I learned at my fun little job from my super fun upper management. A BHAG is a Big Hairy Audacious Goal...and yes, I consider sewing two pieces of fabric together to be an audacious goal.
I'm really hoping that by sharing them with you all, it will make me more accountable because the person that I'd like to be does all of these things with aplomb.
This summer, I would like to:
- bike to work more often than I drive (on this sweet little commuter)
- make a lap quilt (maybe kinda like these ones)
- sew some simple skirts (maybe starting with one like this?)
- make raspberry rhubarb jam (then my husband really will love me forever)
- read Moby Dick with my husband (then we'll see how long forever is)
- get more sleep (I suspect this will be the most difficult)
- knit my way through my newly accumulated yarn stash (neck, I promise to keep you warm this winter)
- paint our living room coffee table and side table (eek)
- keep my blog updated on my progress with all of these things!
I think you should start your skirt sewing with one like this: http://elleapparel.blogspot.com/2011/03/guilded-skirt.html
ReplyDelete...um..hidden zipper? Not yet. Baby steps.
ReplyDelete