I made a skirt.
![]() |
I'm not in love with it but I done it! With pockets.
![]() |
I feel kind of meh about the whole process. It seemed like a lot of work and frustration for a final product that I don't like. I followed this tutorial, which was perfectly lovely, had I followed it more closely. I was also following along with this other tutorial...which incidentally, makes a slightly different kind of skirt. Don't ask me why I tried following two differing tutorials. I just thought double the help = double the success.
I need to learn to not wing it when I've never done it before. (That loud HALLELUJAH was my husband who asks this of me every time I try new recipes. In my defense, I can't help it.)
The fabric is not my favorite but it met all of my initial requirements: inexpensive, light cotton, not transparent and not hideous. The skirt fits a little poofy/baggy for my taste and I really struggled with making an outfit of it because it felt so frumpy. And while I embrace a little frumpy, this was beyond my frumpfort level. (AHAHAHAH...oh, sorry)
I had fun wearing it once but I don't know long it will last in my closet. I don't got no room for skirts who ain't gonna pull their weight 'round these parts.
So, for next time: follow a single tutorial faithfully, no pockets, narrower through the hip, smidge longer and better fabric. Hoo-ah!


No comments:
Post a Comment