Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Real World (As In Outside)

It's really weird how much you see when you're not in your car.

When I first started bike commuting in the spring, there was a big Canadian goose on the side of the bike path. Dead.  It was sad and kind of gross but still kind of cool. Like, 'check out the WILDLIIIIFE' as I'm zooming past on my bike.  And by zooming, I mean sedately pedaling.  Because that path goes uphill and I'm struggling to keep my composure.

Anyways, I was walking around our office park the other day and I saw a dude snoozing in his document shredding business van (does that make sense?) that was parked in the far corner of a bank office parking lot.  Must be nice to have a van and leave 45 minutes early for document shredding appointments so you can sleep in the parking lot for a while.  At 9 am.

Then, as I round the corner, I see a city truck pull up and two young guys jump out and start digging a hole.  One older guy stays in the truck, texting.  Nice.  That's what I want to be when I grow up, the boss who gets to sit in the truck and text while the other two dig the hole.

In the same office park, I once found a baggie stuffed with weed in a snowbank and today there was a moldy cucumber in the grass.  An entire cucumber.  Molding.

Where does this stuff come from?

City crews?  Document shredder people?  Other office park occupants?

......A dark night, in a city that knows how to keep its secrets but on the 4th floor of an office building, one girl is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. Guy Noir, Private Eye.

So, I'm no Guy Noir, but these are my persistent questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment