Thursday, June 9, 2011

I don’t have pet peeves like some people. I have whole kennels of irritation.

Well said, Whoopi Goldberg. Well said.

Here are a few of mine: 
  • People in my office building regularly ride the elevator from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor, thereby slowing my speedy ascent to the 4th floor. Take a hike, brotha. On the stairs. It’s the decent thing to do.
  • Grocery store bouquets should last longer than 2 days, right? Gerbera daisies, you depress me with your drooping heads and browning petals. Be HAPPIER.
  • I’ve mentioned the screaming kids that live down the hall… all the screaming must have addled their brains because they were playing in our parking lot the other day (can I just end the sentence there?) and as I drive in, creeping along, they stare in wonder at my approaching car instead of um, getting out of the way? until their mom shrieked at them from the patio. Or maybe that’s normal kid behavior? No clue. Kids are weird.
  • My cube neighbor’s summer wardrobe consists of a wind jacket, shorts, Tall Black Socks and mandals. This wouldn’t be so bad if he just stayed in his cube didn’t occasionally ditch the mandals and walk around the office in his Tall Black Socks. Craig, NO.

Okay, that’s all. Moving on.

Yesterday night, the hubs and I stopped at Dairy Queen for some ice cream and french fries and then went home and played with his new remote control helicopter. Whooee. That little thing can buzz. Within minutes the hubs had mastered taking off from the kitchen table and landing on the living room coffee table then making the short commute to the rocking chair. I struggled to get it to hover at a reasonable height, before zooming straight up into the ceiling. Good thing I have no interest in our being a part of our national defense, although I could probably do some good work helping to sabotage the Russians. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment