Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Last Night I Went on a Date with a Boy

The hubs and I went on a mall date like we're fourteen.  Actually, if we were fourteen he would have been too engrossed in paintball to notice me and I would have been too engrossed in...Walmart? I feel like all I did for several years of my small town adolescence is make trips to Walmart.  I've always been a classy lady.

Our date included a delicious Cinnabon and a trip to my everlasting retail obsession, JCrew.  Although, I suspect that living in the same city for once will cure me.  Or make it much, much worse.  It's too early to tell.  I did snag an all wool red scarf sprinkled with little white stars that made my heart pound when I saw it and when I saw that it was marked down to 19.99, I almost screamed out loud.
That's what too much online shopping does to you...you think it's okay to scream when you find good deals in the sale section.  And that it's okay to bring your pj's and couch to peruse the store.

Somehow in my twenties, I became a mall hater.  I enjoy the occasional mall-outing (people watching? it is the best) but as a method of get-things-done shopping, no thanks.  I blame my comfy, comfy couch, my busy work schedule and the fact that holiday retail madness starts in November and doesn't end until February.  I like to shop on my lunch when I can speed walk around and make impulse buys.  Sorry, hon, I had to buy it.  I was in a hurry.  Go back when I have more time? Huh?

Lucky for Ryan, the fourteen year old me did not get taken out on mall dates, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment