Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How I Got Lost and Read A Book I Vowed Never to Read (Movelogue Tale 5)

I got lost quite a bit last week.  Like every single day.

I am just learning the city.  The hard way.  But if I went exactly where I wanted to go every time, I would only know how to get to where I wanted to go, right?  Right.  Now I also know how to get to places I don't want to go.
Actually, the problem isn't getting places.  The problem is getting home.  Our development is so new, it's not on my phone's GPS.  First world problems, ugh.

So, this is how I got home from Target the other day.

Riiiight out of town and around Squaw Mountain.  
The road is a twisty two-lane highway through the mountains with dense, green vegetation growing close to the road.  Beautiful unless you are thinking about axe-murdering vampire loggers who drive Jeep Cherokees.  And have been behind you for 20 minutes.  Overactive imagination what?

The vampire mood stuck with me, so I downloaded the first book of the Twilight series onto my Kindle.  And read it.  And scoffed mightily.  But that didn't stop me from reading the cliff notes for the rest of the series.  
Native American werewolves?  Italian vampire royalty?  Vampire BABIES?  Werewolf falling in love with vampire baby?  Whaaaaat?
I know I'm not the target audience but the story framework was ludicrous and difficult for me to believe.  I kept wondering, 'what does the Forks High School administration think of these long absences?'  And Bella + Edward creeps me out...the burning yearning, the 'don't ever leave me', the 'I watch you sleep'.  Ish.  

Hopefully the next time I get lost, it will inspire some quality reading material.  Like a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment