Friday, September 9, 2011

Kah-nitting (Life List Update)

(Almost through these goals this summer – wait, is summer over?)

I have a hard time knitting in the summer.  There are so many other things I’d rather be doing.  Like eating a bowl of cereal, for one.  Love cereal.  Also, there’s just something so cozy about knitting in inclement weather, which ND specializes in.  I managed to crank out two projects this summer, giving up many a bowl of cereal, but it’s got me in the mood for some snuggly fall knitting.

IMG_0833-LR
(Ignore my chin trauma – I had a little bike accident last month)

This is a scarf pattern that I got from my dear friend Gina, who visited us earlier this summer and shipped home a 12 pound box of yarn after a long road trip and just a few visits to yarn stores across the country. A girl after my own heart.
It’s a baktus scarf but mine doesn’t really look like anyone else’s that I’ve seen, which leads me to believe I probably did something wrong.  It’s mushier…the middle point on mine is more of a soft curve and one side is really stretchy and my stitch tension was all over the map.  I think it had to do with my choice of yarn – a bulkier cotton – and also the fact that I am not fluent in Knit-Speak.  YO? K2TOG TBL? SSK? Gah. 

On an unrelated side note, my sister and I saw this funny quote in a used book store last weekend:
-Do you know what IDK means?
-I don’t know.
-UGH! No one knows!!
Har har.
IMG_0840-LR

Earlier this year, I made my first hat.  Then I made one for my sister because I like to share.  Except for really good pieces of pie or the last piece of bacon and probably a lot of other stuff.  Actually, I hate sharing.

IMG_5370-LR

Anyway, I liked this hat pattern with the cable so much, I turned it into a cowl!

IMG_0822-LR
(Ignore that weird string sort of hiding – I still have to weave it in)

I’ve had this super cozy merino/cashmere yarn for a little while and it was perfect for this project.  I have a deep and abiding love for chunky yarn.  Everything is better chunky.  Except for me.  And that happens when I hog pieces of pie and bacon.

IMG_0828-LR

It’s super warm – the equivalent of a log-fire-and-hot-cocoa for my neck.  You’re welcome, neck.  And chin, you can hide out in there too.

So, that’s it for summer knitting!  It’s all about autumn from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment