Friday, September 23, 2011

What Do I Have to Do Around Here for a Bowl of Cereal? (Movelogue Tale 1)

Yesterday, I had spaghetti for breakfast and an overripe mango and Ritz crackers with chocolate peanut butter for lunch.  Today, I had half a slice of cold pizza and a stale ciabatta bun, toasted for breakfast.  The hubs had some cancerous instant oatmeal, microwaved in a plastic cup and consumed with a fork.
I will be glad when this move is over for no other reason than a normal bowl of cereal.

In other moving news, our dreadful couch is broken and cannot be donated. 

How were we supposed to know the pullout bed sagged on one side, Mr. Moving Professional From the Local Thrift Store?  We have tried hard to forget that it has a pullout bed.  And that it came from a hotel.  It has served us well as a sitting couch, lo these many years.

We are down to the nitty gritty of packing now.  The contents of each box are getting stranger and stranger.  We have a box that contains a mattress pad, a ventriloquist doll and a wreath.  Another box has vitamins, some feminine hygiene products (which I felt was too stupid a phrase to write on the label so I just put TAMPONS. What.) and camp stove fuel.

Going through all of our stuff is like shopping in the best/worst store ever.  I discovered a pair of red Birkenstocks that I bought in college and tried to sell at a garage sale.  Welcome back to my closet!  I also discovered a nasty stash of empty soap bottles under the sink.  Literally trash. Ugh, who even knows...

Hopefully it will all come together.  If not, I have a solution in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment