Wait. A brick would be delicious with cookie butter.
Help.
Oatmeal and Prune (+ other stuff) Muffins
Adapted from here
(Full disclosure: I wanted to make a quick bread that would use up an almost bad carton of yogurt I had sitting in my fridge so I searched for "oatmeal prune yogurt muffin" and found this recipe on epicurious.com from Gourmet magazine, October 1991. Someone in the comments had used yogurt instead of buttermilk and I was excited to go the same route until I opened my yogurt and realized it had gone from almost bad to absolutely disgusting bad.)
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C spelt flour
1/4 C oat flour
(or just 1 C all-purpose flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp ginger (optional)
1 dash allspice (optional)
1 1/3 C rolled oats
1/4 C honey (or brown sugar)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1 C buttermilk
4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, browned if you have time or just melted if you don't and cooled
1 egg, beaten lightly
1 C chopped pitted prunes
1/4 C sliced almonds (optional)
1/2 C shredded carrot (optional)
Preheat oven to 400. In a largish bowl, pour buttermilk, honey (if using) and vanilla over rolled oats and allow to sit.
In another bowl, sift together the flours, brown sugar (if using), baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and almonds.
Add browned butter, egg, prunes and carrots to buttermilk/oat mixture. Stir vigorously to beat egg. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Divide the batter among 12 well-buttered muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
No comments:
Post a Comment