And besides, I'm not so sure about the yarn + pattern marriage. I think the relationship might be a little strained. Someone might have to stop drinking milk out of the carton and start putting their dirty socks in the hamper...
I think the pattern is the responsible one who always uses a glass and puts their laundry where it belongs and the yarn is the crazy one. This yarn makes me think a circus clown went to the 30,000 egg egg hunt (happening at our local mega-church this Easter), ate too many pastel m&ms and vomited on my scarf.
But it is definitely cheerful. And soft.
I found it in the clearance bin at the Ben Franklin near my work and it was so gnarly the lady at Ben Franklin couldn't wind it on the yarn swift. I was able to wind it by hand at home pretty easily but found a lot of other fibers in the yarn as I doing so...bits of straw, random wiry black things, etc. Kind of gross.
The pattern was pure joy, easily memorized with just enough happening to keep me awake while knitting. So, good pattern but crazy yarn.
*photos by Ryan



No comments:
Post a Comment