Thursday, March 29, 2012

Double the Shmere

I hate Spring.  It's official.

WHY WHY WHY does it have to be so beautiful and then so soul-crushingly cold and grey?

Not be dramatic or anything.

The only solution is to pile on the shmere.


I feel weird admitting that I have a favorite fiber but mine is cashmere.  Closely followed by wool, which is closely followed by cotton, which is closely followed by linen which is not at all closely followed by polyester and acrylic.

My addiction started with two cashmere sweaters scavenged from the Target clearance racks whilst a mere college girl.  Then a few years ago, I realized that I had scavenged enough cashmere from enough sales racks and Ebay that I could now wear cashmere every day of the work week!  Thus, Shmere Week was instituted in our happy household.

Yesterday was a blah day and I followed some good advice and put on one of everything I love.  Fave scarf, fave sweater, fave skirt and my second fave boots.  Both my scarf (gift) and sweater (thrifted) were cashmere and it made my day more bearable to be able to snuggle into them while glaring at my computer and cursing Microsoft Project.  Who needs to plan anything anyway?

Thank you, Spring for being such a turkey and mandating scarves and sweaters again and thank you, cashmere for being in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment