Monday, January 30, 2012

Trying New Things

There have been some (extra)ordinary firsts around here lately.
  • Blood oranges.  Or Raspberry Oranges, as they will be known around our house since the delicate hubs can't handle the association of a bloody steak and citrus.  I tried to convince him that blood oranges are made by watering a regular orange tree with blood.  He didn't fall for it.  Weird.
  • Mixed vegetables with cheese sauce microwaved in the bag.  Get out.  It's too creepy.  Bad idea.
  • Plaid button ups.  I think that working a bunch of nerds men makes me want to dress like a boy too.  I haven't owned a plaid shirt since 8th grade.  Then I went and wore a plaid shirt with a striped sweater and loved it.  I don't even know me anymore.
  • Grocery store sushi.  Sketchy?  I'm fine with it.  Spring rolls are delicious.
  • Rear ended in stop and go traffic.  I'm legit big city.  Look at me now.
  • I have nothing to wear!  Tracy Shutterbean is a genius.  I need to get a full length mirror.  I've been snapping shots from the waist up so far this week.
  • Red patent Danskos.  I hate patent.  In fact, I hate most anything shiny but I have found my one exception.  Even if dudes think they look like a)bowling balls, b)candied apples, c)Dorothy slippers.
  • Chocolate chip cookies made with LARD AND BUTTER.  I feel like I'm breaking the law when I eat them (lard?!) but I cannot emphasize how good these are.  I maybe ate three today. Stop staring.  Ryan is definitely the baker in the family.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment