I have dry, dry diva skin. I have an excema flare up when I get too little sleep, too much sleep, when I'm under stress, when I'm not stressed and other mysterious reasons.
I have been using various Aveeno lotions since college. For the last few years, my standard body lotion has been the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream, which usually retails around $20. A tub usually lasts me 4-6 months. It is a cream, so it's thicker than a lotion but I find that it absorbs quickly and since it has a touch of menthol there's a little tingle and a pleasant minty smell. Our Target didn't stock it so I would go to Walmart twice a year to buy it. That's how much I love it.
After we moved, we happened into L'Occitane and I picked up a tub of their Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream for $40. I was out of my usual Aveeno, so I figured it was a good chance to try something new. This was a smaller tub (and twice as expensive!) and only lasted me 3 months. It was harder to spread and took longer to absorb. I liked the smell since shea butter reminds me of one of my sweet aunts but overall, I was disappointed. I don't think it is worth the price.
Now, I'm using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Lotion that I picked up on sale from Target for like $8. It has mineral oil, which I'm not thrilled about, but it smells like chocolate! It's kind of difficult to scoop out of the tub and requires a little melting in your hands before it spreads easily but I like it overall. I don't plan on sticking with it long term but I'm glad I tried it. Did I mention it smells like chocolate?!
The other thing I usually have knocking around is a bottle of Burt's Bees Baby Oil. I like to use it after I shave my legs or on my face before I go to bed. And I always, always put on lotion of some kind after I shower. Pro tip.
Go forth and be moisturized like The Picky Girl.
I have been using various Aveeno lotions since college. For the last few years, my standard body lotion has been the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream, which usually retails around $20. A tub usually lasts me 4-6 months. It is a cream, so it's thicker than a lotion but I find that it absorbs quickly and since it has a touch of menthol there's a little tingle and a pleasant minty smell. Our Target didn't stock it so I would go to Walmart twice a year to buy it. That's how much I love it.
After we moved, we happened into L'Occitane and I picked up a tub of their Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream for $40. I was out of my usual Aveeno, so I figured it was a good chance to try something new. This was a smaller tub (and twice as expensive!) and only lasted me 3 months. It was harder to spread and took longer to absorb. I liked the smell since shea butter reminds me of one of my sweet aunts but overall, I was disappointed. I don't think it is worth the price.
Now, I'm using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Lotion that I picked up on sale from Target for like $8. It has mineral oil, which I'm not thrilled about, but it smells like chocolate! It's kind of difficult to scoop out of the tub and requires a little melting in your hands before it spreads easily but I like it overall. I don't plan on sticking with it long term but I'm glad I tried it. Did I mention it smells like chocolate?!
The other thing I usually have knocking around is a bottle of Burt's Bees Baby Oil. I like to use it after I shave my legs or on my face before I go to bed. And I always, always put on lotion of some kind after I shower. Pro tip.
Go forth and be moisturized like The Picky Girl.
Have you tried any of the California Baby stuff at Target? It's all I use for Ava and I love it....the calendula cream comes in handy for rashes and stuff...they just got a new brand too, that i cant remember the name of, but it's shea butter and something else and smells delicious...it's a lotion but it seems thicker to me..more like a cream :) Oh, it's found in the baby dept :)
ReplyDeleteOoh, no, I haven't but I'm going to check it out. Babies have a lot of good stuff! :)
ReplyDelete