Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day (Elbows and Heart Attacks)

Happy late Valentine's Day. 


I did this to an old sweater and wore it on Valentine's.  I felt kind of dorky but any craft that involves vicious stabbing is the craft for me. 

For the first time ever, we agreed to celebrate Valentine's Day with merch.  Normally, we say nothing and one of us might plan a surprise for the other but this year, by gum, we had a bona fide Valentine's.  Hearty elbows and all.

Because we are the way we are, there were still surprises involved.  I heart attacked his car and he sneakily downloaded Sherlock Holmes and PG Wodehouse audiobooks (audio short stories?) to my Zune and changed my wallpaper to a heart.  I spent the rest of the morning with a blissed out nerd grin plastered to my face and stifling giggles in my cube.  Bertie Wooster is my hero.

For a silly holiday, it sure made me glad for my BFF who rocks at husbandom, among so many other things.  (And for my sister, who sent us personalized M&Ms so now I can eat pictures of my own face by the handful...)

Hello, you beautiful thing, you.
*Heart patch picture by Ryan

1 comment:

  1. That's weird, I didn't get anything from said sister at all. I guess she doesn't love me as much. ^_~

    ReplyDelete