Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Weekend Report










The joke in the Pacific Northwest is that summer starts on July 5th but I feel we're in the thick of it now.  We've taken advantage of our last few weekends and have been road tripping and exploring and camping and brunching like its our job.  The hubs has been charming and full of funny jokes and stories and every outing turns into an adventure.  Like the time we bought 24 bottles of organic lemonade.  Huh.

My library queue of available titles is turning against me.  I now have books coming out of my ears and a careful schedule of when to actually check them out so as to prolong the time I have to read them.  I had forgotten what it's like to always be in the middle of a book and to be able to get away so quickly into another world.

The sweater I'm working on is in limbo.  I tore it out and started it again on smaller needles (size 1...I think I might be insane) to get the gauge the pattern calls for.  I have asked three experienced knitters for help and have gotten three different answers which worries me.  I may just have to stubbornly get through this without further consultations.

I want to take a summer break from work.  These long, sunny days with nothing more pressing than a library book and a knitting project to occupy my time are good days indeed.

1 comment:

  1. SIZE 1 NEEDLES! I'm knitting something on size 5 needles and I'm going a bit crazy because I can hardly even feel them!

    Also, I've not seen any pictures of lemonade jars.

    And if you hung up on me to eat that ice cream cone with sprinkles.... -_-

    ReplyDelete