Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Pinhead (And Another Headband to Warm It)

My sister called the other day to tell me two things.

One.  She just stumbled on scientific proof that her head is bigger than mine because she was a C-section baby and I must have a tiny head because I was pushed out the natural way and I was a firstborn.  So…
Two. I forgot what the second thing was. 

But then I told a really cool story about accidently dropping a hot, delicious chicken drummy that I was eating over the sink into a bowl of dirty water.  Sadness.

Ever since the orange llama awesome, I have been wanting another headband in a more subdued shade to keep my miniscule NORMAL SIZED head warm.  This is the Center Row Lace Headband.

{booya. December sunshine!}
I like the little border and the ‘lace’ looks better than I thought it would.  As I was knitting it, it kind of reminded me of a backbone or something.  Ick.  I made mine a little more narrow than the pattern called for – 25 stitches across and it’s just right.
The yarn is 100% alpaca that has been knit into several projects and frogged every time.  Sheesh.  I'm glad I finally finished something useful with it.  Although, in the beginning stages this headband looked suspiciously like a knitted jock strap because the stockinette stitch was curling in on itself and coming to a point.  It was awful.


 H'ray for head straps!

*Photos by Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment