But.
I also made this headband/cowl. Successfully. Sweet, sweet success.
This yarn is 100% Baby Llama that I plucked out of the sale basket from our local yarn store where I forced Ryan to go on our second day in town. When I bought it, I thought it was Baby Alpaca and continued to think so until I was halfway through this project. Then I compared it to some real alpaca I had and was delighted to discover it was actually LLAMA. Beautiful, nice smelling llama! Or ‘Lah-mer’, as I say in my head in an Yzma voice.
This is the first time I’ve worked with llama and found it a little bit clingy, but I was using wooden needles and lately I've been accustomed to metal so maybe that was part of it too. The finished product is soft, warm and squishy. I’m so enamored.
As for this pattern, DO IT. Easy peasy, super quick, and almost impossible to mess up. Unlike my laundry and dental hygiene.
No comments:
Post a Comment