When husband is out of town, my housekeeping mindset changes. I buy coconut water and eat vegetables for dinner and go to bed early and fall asleep with the light on. Then I wake up in the middle of the night and eat a piece of cheese and read for a half hour.
It's like being on vacation!
From my spouse.
Which sounds rude.
But he's ordering filet mignon and creme brulee cheesecake from room service WITHOUT ME. That's rude.
Tomorrow is December. Which is unreal. I am stubbornly hanging onto the last vestiges of fall. Baked apples and scarves for me, please!
 |
| {I chopped and baked the apples with skins on and what small amount of brown sugar was left in the corner of the bag and a couple healthy shakes of cinnamon. The scarf was crocheted by my mom, who doeth all yarn things well} |
The coat section at Target was replaced by swimsuits yesterday. Swimsuits! I still have stuffing sitting in my fridge. I don't want to think about swimsuits. I want to think about stew and mittens and will there be snow?
I bought two proper umbrellas in preparation for winter rain. One is almost the size of a circus tent, I'm kind of excited to use it. For what, I don't know. If it is raining hard enough to warrant an enormous umbrella, perhaps it would be much nicer to stay indoors. Regardless, if autumn is over at least I have a gigantic umbrella to look forward to.
I love "vacations"....if there is snow, it will only last a day and the whole city will shut down :) ....in almost 6 years of living here, i have never used an umbrella :)
ReplyDeletep.s. I love your blog and it's always a highlight of my day to see that you posted :)