Monday, December 13, 2010

The Picky Girl's Guide: Hansel from Basel tights (Warm legs are happy legs)

I recently spotted these beauties on madewell.com, a subsidiary of my favorite retail obsession, JCrew.

Let me be specific...the tights are the only thing I like in this picture.
They are made by Hansel from Basel and a quick search revealed the Hansel from Basel website.  With a sale section.  Oooh.  I ended up with three pairs.  They are fabulous.  I want more.  I got the stripey pair above in black and two pairs of ribbed tights, in dark green and bright orange.  While sweater tights aren't my favorite things in the world, they are a step up in warmth from the usual opaque nylon/acrylic blends.  These have a decent wool content and are not saggy.  Nothing depletes my little store of happiness faster than a pair of tights that are trying to squirm down to my ankles.

A note that bears mentioning: Hansel from Basel is a pretty small little company and the ordering process is kind of annoying.  They recommend Paypal but also accept credit cards.  After placing my order,  I waited for a week without notice or confirmation of shipping.  I sent an email to their customer service and literally received a response 5 minutes later from someone very nice and apologetic and my order was shipped that same day.

I am actively stalking their sale section to buy more tights later in the season.

Wool tights in good colors and fun designs that stand up to 30 mph gusts of wind are highly recommended by The Picky Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment