Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bachelorette life

The hubs was gone for a few days this week for a quick business trip. Here's how I spent one evening sola:
  • read my blogs, generally wasted time online
  • watered plants, discovered dead robin on patio
  • clipped fingernails and toenails
  • after smelling feet, decided to research stinky Birks problem online
  • following advice online, covered soles of stinky Birks with baking soda, sealed in Ziploc bags and put in freezer
  • ate chopped up fruit with a splat of yogurt and several bites of cold tuna helper for dinner
  • folded load of laundry
  • decided husband's socks and undershirts were too grotty
  • bought husband new undershirts and socks from TJ Maxx, also returned too small gym shorts
The next morning, I got the stinky Birks out of the freezer, brushed off the baking soda, and lo! they stinketh no more. I stayed super late at work, came home, slurped down a bowl of cereal for supper while looking over the 'Life' section of the newspaper and collapsed on the couch.  Not that I'm much better when the hubs is at home, but I feel like my bachelorette life would not be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment