Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tidbits Re: Camping in Medora

  • Sometimes the best thing about the country is leaving it.
  • Turns out wearing the same shirt for two days then sleeping in it isn't the end of the world.
  • Bison are awe inspiring in their natural habitat. No joke.
  • My new favorite item of clothing is a grey t-shirt skirt that works in a pinch for a potty run and then doubles as an impromptu nightgown. 
  • I am a city girl, through and through.
  • Lite Spam singles are actually quite delicious.
  • The lift-two-fingers-off-the-steering-wheel-because-we're-in-the-country wave is very heart warming and I wish city folk would adopt this custom.
  • North Dakota is 99.4% completely flat.  I know this because I've seen it.
  • Hanging out in the hammock, eating sunflower seeds and spitting shells into the wind with my husband is awesome.
  • I got the thigh and shoulder workout of my life trying to get a trail horse named Juan Diaz to stop eating sweet clover and to git.
  • Showering after not for 4 days is a sweet, sweet relief.
  • We saw a SNAAAAAAAAAAKE! while hiking.  Sheer panic.
Great trip, great memories and the hubs got some great pics!  It was a much needed break and a wonderful start to the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment