Monday, July 11, 2011

The Picky Girl's Guide: Smartwool Women's NTS Microweight Cami

If I could, I would wear one of these camis every day.  I lurv them.  I bought two of them before my trip to the Netherlands in January and I can't remember what my reasoning was for needing them so urgently for that trip but I'm sure it was sound.

I have subjected them to the stink test, which involved wearing one for the duration of winter break, which was approximately a week and a half.  No stink.  Yay.  Now I regularly wear them for days on end before putting them in the wash.


They are 100% wool, have adjustable straps, no stupid built-in-bra, and they dry overnight after being hand washed in a hotel sink.  Maybe that's why I wanted needed them for the Netherlands...  Also, they are great for wicking moisture as a base layer.  I've continued to wear them into the spring and summer months and I can attest that there is nothing nastier than a clingy, moist cotton cami after a little morning walk around the office park.  That does not happen with the wool camis.  The other thing I love about them is that the 'natural white' color is slightly sheer so when I wear them under a white shirt, there's not so much of that distinct check-out-my-two-shirts line.

When I bought mine in December, they were sold out EVERYWHERE that I thought to look online...the official Smartwool site, amazon, REI, and backcountry.  I ended up ordering mine from some totally obscure little website and still managed to get a few dollars off of full price.  It looks like they are now widely available online.  I have worn mine through 3 seasons and loved them.  They're a good investment for the hardworking wardrobe and highly recommended by The Picky Girl.


Note: I'm not affiliated with or paid by Smartwool in any way to review this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment