| {morning commute} |
| {I win} |
I had my first run in with sciatica the other night when I tried to to stretch out my left leg while half asleep and felt a blow torch running down the side of my thigh. I leaped out of bed like a scalded cat ... er, leaped adroitly and with as much alacrity as I could with an extra 20 lbs hanging off my front, and stretched my back a few different ways and thus avoided some serious midnight drama because OWIE.
The swimsuit I ordered for our upcoming trip to Hawaii fits!! Huzzah. Is there any uglier word pair in the English language than "maternity swimsuit"? No.
I have been so touched by how sweet and considerate all of the dads in my life have been. I work with a lot of men anyways, but those who are fathers and grandfathers have been so kind and interested in me and my baby. I walked into a meeting where all the chairs were taken and immediately 3 of my male coworkers stood up to offer me theirs.
My nosebleeds are starting to wind down a little bit. Only one this week! Having a nasty cold really exacerbated things there for a while.
But The Hormones...they are making themselves known. I got choked up this week watching a marketing video for one of our CPR training devices, seeing a random cell phone commercial and seeing a still from the Lion King of baby Simba with his parents. Wah!
In other news, my exciting weekend plans include cooking a whole head of cabbage to eat by myself since the other third of this family doesn't like cruciferous anything and cleaning the house.
| {I win again!} |
Your wild rice bean dish looks warming and delicious. XO!
ReplyDelete