To that end, some of the little wins this week have been a successful pancake dinner (pancakes are my nemesis but on Tuesday I won a battle in the war) and the beginnings of Spring Purging. A couple weeks ago, my freestanding clothing rack toppled over at 3 am and disgorged half a dozen cardigans and most of my skirts. I have a freestanding rack for additional extra space to hang clothes because I can't fit everything in my closet and that clothing rack collapsed because it had too much stuff on it. As a short term fix, I grabbed armfuls of stuff and stashed it in our guest bedroom until I could appropriately deal with it. Ugh. Today, I am finally starting to deal with it and it feels good. I went through my scarves, sweaters, short-sleeve shirts, long-sleeve shirts and skirts and pulled out everything I haven't worn this winter or that has a known grudge against it (I'm looking at you, deep v-neck tee that I never have a tank top for). This is a preliminary pass but my end goal is a whittled down closet of things that I love.
Other things that I am looking forward to are a bedroom refresh (new duvet on the way! cheers!) and this art exhibit. And these muffins....I have a thing lately for chocolate chips. That sounds like a good weekend to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment